Sunday 12 June 2011

Perfect Spring / Summer Cheeks with Smashbox Cream Cheek Duo




Smashbox is unfortunately not very widely available in the UK, but recently when I was in Debenhams Oxford St I managed to pick up this lovely cream blush duo from the Smashbox counter.

I love cream blushes in spring and summer as they leave a fresh, dewy glow - perfect for popping over a tinted moisturiser on a sunny day. This one is no exception, and I love that there are two complementary shades. One is a warm peachy-pink; the other shade is a cooler-toned medium pink. The colours can be used alone, or blended / layered together. Both are very pigmented, but as you can see in my swatches they can easily be blended to a sheerer colour. The texture is non-greasy and non-sticky. Wear time is about 6 hours - about as good as I get from any cream blush really.

The lighter shade is a great everyday colour but I especially love the flamingo pink - it's not as scary as it looks but creates a nice bright pop of colour.

These duos are still available at Debenhams Oxford St and are part of the In Bloom collection. If I recall correctly they are about 18 pounds.

10 comments:

  1. I fancy trying a cream blush i always use powder but love the dewy look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anita!

    This looks like a gorgeous duo, I might just have to check it out myself!

    Nazia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont usually use a cream blush - this one looks fab

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love cream blushes. you can blend them in so easily. i love these two shade, really perfect for spring/summer :)
    in btw lovely blog you have here :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours look amazing! I will order it, I think :) kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these blush shades!!!! Will definitely consider it. Thanks so much for your swatches!!! Also, Im really glad to have found your blog. If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. Your supports will mean a lot to me! I look forward to hear from you and to reading more of your future posts! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful! i'm not usually a fan of smashbox for some reason but this looks promising. thanks for sharing. please check out my makeup blog too when you have a moment. thanks :)

    ke
    http://blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these shades but I'm still on the fence about cream blushes. They are both very pretty colors
    http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uff so tempted to get these!
    I am Following you now. Will Really Appreciate if you follow back as well :)
    xoxo
    Red Alice
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete