Monday 26 October 2009

MAC Holiday... Are my eyes bigger than my stomach?

Further on the topic of neglected makeup, now comes the time of year when I start making my wishlist of MAC holiday items. For me, the holiday collections combine all my favourite things in makeup (that's MAC, palettes, and miniatures!). Normally, I end up buying 2 palettes and a set of mini lipglasses every year. But in making my wishlist this year, I've felt a little guilty realising how infrequently I actually use my old Xmas palettes & glosses (even though I'm sure I was really excited about buying them at the time!). I think I've used last year's Red She Said - Warm palette maybe 3-4 times?

Am I becoming too spoiled? Maybe I just love the anticipation of waiting for a new collection, more than I ever fell in love with the actual products. Maybe I just consume my cosmetics the way I consume my food - I always think I'm hungrier than I really am.

2009 MAC XMAS Wishlist
- Sorceress eyeshadow palette
- Smoke & Mirrors eyeshadow palette
- Superdupernatural Mineralize Blush
- Sexy Shenanigans Mini Lip/Lustreglass set

2 comments:

  1. mines around the same! well same number of things anywayss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list is bigger than that. On mine currently there is:
    - Sorceress eyeshadow palette
    - Smoke & Mirrors eyeshadow palette
    - Brush set (The one with 187SE)
    - She Zam Dazzleglass
    - One of the Lipglass set (The lightest colours)

    Hoping my list will get shorter though :)

    ReplyDelete